Types of possible projects include:
- Preparation & printing of local history books
- Recording of oral histories
- Preparation, display & travelling of exhibitions
- Conservation & cataloguing of documents & objects
- Web projects that provide local history information
- Training in local history skills
The program is funded through the Community Support Fund.
The closing date for applications to the 2007-08 round is Monday 7 January 2008.
Details about applying for the grants plus application form and lists of former recipients are available from Local History Grants Program on the PROV website.